Mock Interview, Mental Status, and Documentation
Conduct a 30- to 40-minute informal interview with an adult family member, peer, or co-worker practicing the body and closing phase of a clinical interview. If possible, continue with the same volunteer from the Unit 3 assignment. However, this is not essential. Request the individual to address issues related to anxiety or adjustment to retirement, bereavement, or relational trauma. In 500–625 words, draft a report that includes:
- A summary of interviewer tasks and technical approaches for the body and closing phase. Incorporate the Clinical Interviewing text and a minimum of two academic research articles in this section.
- A mental status narrative incorporating the basic components.
- Documentation of the clinical session applying the SOAP format, including preliminary assessment and resources.
- The identification and application of the appropriate ACA ethical principles for clinical practice.
- A self-evaluation of the applied interviewer tasks and use of directive interviewing during the body and closing phase.