Arriving at a Course of Action – Collaboration
· Case 2 Mark Units 6 and 7
· Case 1 Joseph Units 6 and 7
Collaborating with other professionals is at the heart of the multidisciplinary approach; it provides the ability to consider the client’s full situation from a variety of points of view, greatly increasing the chances of arriving at a productive, sustainable course of action. In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your competence in doing just that.
In the case conceptualization in Unit 5, you engaged with a variety of professionals regarding your case client. Now, assume that you brought your case conceptualization to the table during the collaboration. In the media piece for your case, you heard and responded to each of your colleagues. In the previous unit, you shared a summary of your case in a discussion with your peers. Most likely the discussion offered you some additional insights that could be helpful in assisting your client.
For this assignment, factor in all that you know, including what you heard from your colleagues, to create a course of action for your client. Be sure to read the additional case information for your case located in the Resources.
Write a paper of approximately 5 pages in which you accomplish the following for your case:
· Case Summary (1 page): This is the case summary section of the case conceptualization assignment you completed in Unit 5. It would be a good idea to revise this section based on feedback received from your instructor in Unit 5.
· In-depth Analysis (2 pages): Since you initially conceptualized the case in Unit 5, you received additional thoughts and perspectives about this case. In this section, synthesize, integrate, and analyze the additional points of view that you received through the collaborative process. What additional points were offered that you did not consider? How did you integrate the new information? Provide a rationale for the changes that you did or did not make based on the information that you gained, including the facts and what you consider to be the core issues for this client. This section should end with a clear identification of the list of needs or problems that should be addressed, with support for how you arrived at your conclusions.
· Course of Action (1 page): Based on the issues and needs that you determined to be relevant, describe a course of action that you feel best addresses each area you identified. Include the best evidence that you can name to support your decisions and the course of action that you are recommending.
· Recommendations (1 page): Provide recommendations to carry out your course of action that are specific, detailed, and consistent with best practices in the field. For the purpose of this assignment, if the resources you would recommend are not already mentioned in the case, you may fabricate details about resources that would reasonably be available in the community involved in your case.
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
· Number of resources: Your work should be supported by at least three additional references from the literature.
· Length of paper: 5 typed double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.