The student will read research literature to determine the research purpose, question, design, population, sample, limitations, data collection and analysis.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 2:Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO #4 and 8)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to evidence-based practice. (PO #4 and 8)
Points: This assignment is worth 225 points.
Due Date: Submit to the Reading Research Literature basket in the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 5.
- Download the research articles from the Chamberlain library.
Retrieve the following research articles: Make sure you are viewing the full text PDF. If you view the article in HTML format, you may not be able to see the tables and figures that are referenced in the questions.
George, S., & Thomas, S. (2010). Lived experience of diabetes among older, rural people. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 66(5), 1092-1100.
Hunt, C., Sanderson, B., Ellison, K., (2014). Support for diabetes using technology: A pilot study to improve self-management. MedSurg Nursing, 23(4), 231-237.
- Download NR439_RRL_form and type answers to the questions directly onto the form. Your paper does NOT need to follow APA formatting; however, you are expected to use correct grammar, spelling, syntax, and write in complete sentences.
- Save the file by clicking Save as and adding your last name, e.g., NR439_RRL_Smith.docx.
- Watch the video on how to complete this assignment. The link may be found on the Week 5 Assignments page.
- Submit to the Week 5 Reading Research Literature basket in the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 5. Please post questions about this paper in the Week 5 Q & A Forum.
The Reading Research Literature (RRL) assignment is due this week. The guidelines and grading rubric may be found in Doc Sharing.
You must download two articles from the Chamberlain Library (http://library.chamberlain.edu). Links to the articles from the library are found in the guidelines in Doc Sharing. You will not write a paper for this assignment. Instead, you will answer questions that may be found on a form, which is also in Doc Sharing.
Click HERE to view a helpful tutorial on how to complete this assignment.
Your assignment is due by Sunday, end of week, 11:59 p.m. (MT). Submit the assignment to the Dropbox located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read thesestep-by-step instructions.