1. Define epidemiology and discuss how the epidemiology triad can be applied to health issues we see in the hospital?
2. Epidemiology is not just useful for community health nurses; it is useful for all healthcare professionals. Brainstorm some ways in which epidemiology could be used in an acute care setting. What types of problems arise in acute care that might need to be measured? How could nurses use epidemiology to assess those problems and attempt to intervene? How can this data be further used in a community setting in terms of follow-up or continuation of intervention?
3. What are some of the causes of increases in healthcare costs in recent years, as outlined in the chapter? Brainstorm some examples that you have witnessed in the clinical setting. Can any of these factors be modified? What could nurses do to help cut down on costs related to the different factors?
4. Why is it important for nurses to know about global health issues or concerns if they are not planning to work in other countries? How can this information be used in the workplace here in the US?
– Present your assignment in an APA format, word document, Arial 12 font.
– A minimum of 2 evidence-based references (besides the class textbook) are required.
– A minimum of 500 words (excluding the first and references page) are required.