This week, you will examine the use of social marketing as a communication channel in healthcare. Review the following website article:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2012). Gateway to health communication & social marketing practice. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/healthcommunication/
Using the readings for the week, the South University Online Library, and the Internet, create a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with a separate title and reference slide. Include the following:
- Justify why social marketing is needed in today’s society to promote health initiatives.
- List the numerous communication channels that are used in developing a health campaign.
- Describe the process used to identify the population segment that can benefit from a specific health behavior.
- Explain how you will evaluate the effectiveness of your communications campaign.
- Provide a specific example of how social marketing was used in a health campaign.
In addition, include a minimum of five scholarly references in support of your statements. Be sure to support your statements with appropriate examples.
- Submit your assignment to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Name your Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation SU_PHE5005_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.ppt.
- Cite all sources using the APA format