Case Study: A 2-year-old Hispanic female, mother and grandmother present at the appointment, first child for mother, sixth grandchild for grandmother. Mother speaks English as primary language; grandmother speaks Spanish as primary language. Last well visit was at 18 months of age and was speaking 20 words total, about 10 in English and 10 in Spanish. Now, mother states that child has about 50 words, with some in English and some in Spanish.
Using APA format:
- Apply a principle of human growth and development related to appropriate age group
- Apply developmental theory related to age group
- Discuss developmental milestones related to the age
- Discuss developmental assessment tool related to the age
- Apply cultural consideration and cultural assessment to presentation