See the attached example. Please list five significant historical events/leaders from this era (Chapters Five and Six) and choose two to compare and contrast. Your Discussion Forum response will satisfy the following requirements:
I have provided historical events. Please choose any of these:
· The secondary school movement that emerged after the Civil War
· The Kalamazoo Case and Increased Tax Support
· Compulsory Attendance and Increased Literacy
· The Standardization of the Curriculum
· The Committee of Ten
· Seven Cardinal Principles of Secondary Education
· The Manual Training Movement
· Vocational Education
· The Comprehensive High School
· Emergence of the Junior High School
· The Morrill Acts and the Land Grant College Movement
· Higher Education for Women
· Emergence of the Modern University
· Founding of Junior Colleges
· Strengthening of the Normal School Curriculum and Standards
· Teacher Certification
· National Growth and Reform
· Immigration and Population
· Politics and Economic Growth: The Bright and Dark Sides
· Changes in Education
· Progressive Reformers
· Progressivism in Education
· Administrative Progressivism: The Efficiency Movement
· Social Efficiency
· Pedagogical Progressivism
· Francis W. Parker
· John Dewey
· Ella Flagg Young
· William H. Kilpatrick
· The Kindergarten Movement
· The Measurement Movement
· Progressive Education After World War I
· Influence of the Progressive Education Movement on Higher Education
- Five events and the date each event occurred is listed
- Two events are chosen and a Venn Diagram is completed showing (at least three in each category) the similarities and differences of each chosen event.
- Three of the following five questions have been answered
- These events are still significant today because____.
- If I could change the outcome of one of my listed events I would change___ because____.
- If only one of these events/individuals could have taken place; I would chose ___ because____.
- If I could change the outcome of one of my chosen events I would choose___ because____.
- What would you say is the most important result of each of your chosen events?
Recommended Resource: A Hypertext Timeline of American Educational History
I have attached the venn diagram
Book: Webb. L. D. (2014). History of American education: Voices and perspectives. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
If you have any questions in regards to this DQ please feel to ask me. Thank you!