Using Authentic TextsRead Chapter 5: Using Authentic Texts to Learn New Words and Develop Fluency (pp. 58-81). You might also want to read the following recommended resources:
- Teaching flexibly with leveled texts: More power for your reading block. http://www.readingrockets.org/article/teaching-flexibly-leveled-texts-more-power-your-reading-block
- Hooking struggling readers: Using books they can and want to read. http://www.readingrockets.org/article/hooking-struggling-readers-using-books-they-can-and-want-read
- Explore this repository entitled “Choosing and Using Kids’ Books.
Using the student profile you developed in Discussion Forum #3 for this week, create a one-on-one literacy lesson for this student. In a four- to five-page paper (not including title and reference pages) with proper APA formatting and citations, include the following components:
- A summary of the student profile. (You may want to revise this based on feedback from your peers and/or instructor.)
- A description of the literacy lesson, which will include objectives, an authentic trade book, at least one activity related to the text, and an assessment.
- An explanation of how your literacy lesson supports the learning of reading for the specific student.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Please make sure to refer to Chapter 5 as I have attached it as a docx. please make sure to follow the Rubric attached. Also attached is the student DQ forum 3.
If you have any questions in regards to this assignment feel free to ask. Thank you.