Select one area of improvement from the following list to complete Part 1 and Part 2 of this assignment:
- Patient safety
- Staff development and team improvement
- Productivity management
- Patient education
- Another area of improvement – Needs faculty approval
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you address the following prompts for the area of improvement that you selected from above:
Part 1: Data Collection Tools
- Explain data needed to monitor improvements.
- Explain at least three data collection tools you can use to collect performance information.
- Explain the types of information each tool collects.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each data collection tool.
- Explain how the data collection tools are similar. Explain how the data collection tools are different.
Part 2: Data Display, Measurement and Reporting
- Identify at least two tools that measure and display the QI data that can be gathered with the data collection tools identified in Part 1.
- Explain the types of information each tool measures, displays, and reports.
- Explain each measurement, display, and reporting tool’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain how the measurement, display, and reporting tools are similar and different from each other.
- Explain how the measurement, display and reporting tools are useful for health care organizations.
Cite at least 3 sources according to APA guidelines to support your information.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.