Explain how your organization is currently involved.How is the leadership within your organization promoting the use of this database?How do you see its use impacting patient safety?
LEADERSHIP FOR QUALITY AND SAFETY WEB QUEST
send instruction through attachment
National Patient Safety Goals;
1. From the 9 identified areas of practices, choose one area that most closely relates to your area of practice, clinical experience, or interest.
2. Pick and list one for the patient safety goals from the identified area.
3. How does this goal currently impact you in your area of practice, clinical experience, or area of interest?
4. Do you think these programs and goals are important? Why or why not?
5. From your perspective, how have these programs and goals impacted patient quality and safety
Stop #1 – The Joint Commission
1. What do you think about the Speak Up program?
2. Which brochure did you choose from the list provided?
3. Do you think this brochure would be helpful to a patient? Why or why not?
4. Do you think that educated patients have better outcomes? Why?
Center for Transforming Healthcare
1. Are you surprised that hand hygiene is still a quality focus after all these years? Why or why not?
2. So, why doesn’t everyone wash? How as a leader in your organization do you ensure compliance?
3. Have you seen some for of “ Safe Hand-off” occurring in your area of practice or clinical experience? Do you think this is an important initiative?
Stop #2 – National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI)
1. Did you know that there are Nursing Quality Indicators? If so, how did you know?
2. Is your place of employment currently participating with NDNQI? If yes, go to number 3. If no, skip number 3 and go to number 4.
3. Explain how your organization is currently involved.How is the leadership within your organization promoting the use of this database?How do you see its use impacting patient safety?
4. Explain how you as a leader could convince your organization to participate with the NDNQI? Discuss why you think your organization would benefit from this database. How could it be used to enhance patient safety.
Stop #3 – The Institute of Medicine (IOM) and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
This is probably the most important item within the WebQuest. This link is about the changes that nursing is currently undergoing and the information in these links affects how nurses practice.
IOM and RWJF
1. One of the recommendations is to increase the proportion of nurses with baccalaureate degrees by 2020. Were you aware of this recommendation? If so, did it influence your decision to pursue your baccalaureate degree?
2. If it did not directly influence your decision, can you think of any ways that it may have indirectly impacted your pursuit of a baccalaureate degree?
3. What are the reasons you are currently pursuing your baccalaureate degree?
4. As a leader, would you encourage your employees to pursue a baccalaureate degree or higher? If so, what are some strategies you would use to promote the advancement of education
The post Explain how your organization is currently involved.How is the leadership within your organization promoting the use of this database?How do you see its use impacting patient safety? appeared first on My Nursing Paper.