Identify pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions appropriate for the selected disease process.
Analyze current evidence-based treatment modalities specific to the aging population and include evidence-based treatment guidelines
Include the following in your clinical case presentation:
- A discussion of the pathophysiology of the disease, including signs and symptoms
- An explanation of diagnostic testing and rationales for each
- A review of different evidence-based treatment modalities for the disorder obtained from guideline.gov or a professional organization such as thyroid (American Thyroid Association), OB-GYN (ACOG), urology (AUA), etc.
Next, address the following questions:
- How does the information in this case inform the practice of a master’s prepared nurse?
- How should the master’s prepared nurse use this information to design a patient education session for someone with this condition?
- What was the most important information presented in this case?
- What was the most confusing or challenging information presented in this case?
- Discuss a patient safety issue that can be addressed for a patient with the condition presented in this case.
Your paper should be 3 pages (excluding cover page and reference page).
Use APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources. Cite a minimum of three resources.