Identify and demonstrate a knowledge of person centred care as they apply to basic nursing skills. Enact professional behaviours and communication skills in accordance with standards of practice.
Submission: Submit online via Turnitin into the assignment assessment tab.
Content Related to Assignment:
• Person-centred care
• Evidence-based practice
• Standards of practice
• Caring theory
• Nursing process
Nursing is often described as the art of both science and caring. In this course, we introduce you to a framework of caring. This framework can be used as a mindful process to consider the care of others and that of yourself. To provide high quality care, nurses need to practice within professional standards and ensure that their care is based upon quality evidence. On commencement of your nursing education, it is essential that you consider the nurse you would like to become.
Related Course Objectives:
1. Identify and demonstrate a knowledge of person centred care as they apply to basic nursing skills.
2. Enact professional behaviours and communication skills in accordance with standards of practice.
Choose an image that best illustrates what caring means to you and describe why you have chosen this image to signify how you feel about caring. Describe how your view of caring may influence you as a nurse in the future and discuss what you believe is important as a beginning nurse. Reflect on how you will develop your own individual philosophy of professional caring.
Introduction to topic (150 words)
Choose one of the following items that best represents how you feel about caring. Copy and paste this image onto a word document. Please provide a reference for the image.
• Image of artwork
• Personal photo
• Image from the internet/newspaper
Reflect on why you have chosen the image to represent how you feel about caring. Describe how your view of caring may influence you as a nurse in the future (150 words).
Discuss what you believe is important as a beginning nurse in developing your own individual philosophy of professional caring. As professional nurses, we should integrate theory into our practice. Your own philosophy should incorporate and reference the following (600 words).
• Watson’s Caring Theory (e.g. including caritas processes that you have felt most connected to)
• Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses (Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia)
• Evidence-Based Practice
• Person-Centred Care
• Nursing Process
The following statements may help you in developing this personal professional philosophy:
• From a caring perspective, I want to be the type of nurse that…….
• My philosophy of caring is based on……….This is important because………….
• I have identified strongly with the following caritas processes…………..
• I can show my ability to care by behaving in the following ways….
• I can show my caring in the way that I connect and communicate with others……..
• The standards for practice mean that as a nurse I ………….
• I can show my professional caring by ensuring that practice is evidence-based…….
Conclusion (100 words)
Here is an example of a philosophy of Nursing: https://sites.google.com/a/asu.edu/brandi-dahlin/philosophy-of-nursing
The assignment should be written with academic structure including an introduction and conclusion.
Please view the rubric to establish how to achieve a successful grade.
Include a header (student name and number), insert page numbers
• Essay structure
• Use a plain serif (e.g. Times New Roman) or sans serif (e.g. Arial) font. A serif font is easier to read. Suggested sizes are Font size 12
• Double line space all essay paragraphs
• Indent all paragraphs 1.3 cm to the right
• Leave 1 blank line between paragraphs
• Can be written in first and third person
• Word document (typed)
The post Identify and demonstrate a knowledge of person centred care as they apply to basic nursing skills. Enact professional behaviours and communication skills in accordance with standards of practice. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.