Respond to the following essay questions. Cite quoted material and other sources (MLA), pay attention to supportive detail, correct grammar, edified diction and thorough approach.
- How did the artists and intellectuals of the Renaissance reconcile the principles of humanism and other progressive philosophies of the Renaissance with the still-prevalent doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church?
- How was Humanism conveyed through the arts of the Renaissance? How did artists of the Renaissance reflect the spirit of humanism and interest in reviving Classical subjects and ideals?
- What techniques employed by the Renaissance artists helped to create a more realistic image or rendering? How did these techniques successfully contribute to the masterpieces we enjoy today?
- Summarize the symbolism found in Hieronymus Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights.
- In what way is the Venetian Renaissance significantly different than the Florentine or Roman Renaissance?
- Discuss the changing role of women within the Renaissance period with regards to Humanism.
- What is your opinion of the ‘Crash Course’ film available through the Content Link, would you agree with the statement, “…the Renaissance never happened?…” Why or Why not?