- Visit the ICD-11 website (http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/revision/en/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.) and locate the information on Topic Advisory Groups. What is the role of the clinical topic advisory groups? Which diseases or domain areas are represented? What is the relationship of the Topic Advisory groups to the Revision Steering Group?
- Visit the ICD-11 website (http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd11/browse/f/en (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.) and locate the information on the ICD-11 beta draft. Then answer the following questions:
- What are the caveats listed for the ICD-11 beta draft?
- What is the date ICD-11 will be presented to the World Health Assembly?
- What is a known issue for which a planned solution is in the works?
Chapter 8 Application Exercises 1, 2, and 3
- Go to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.and locate the release notes for the last monthly update.
- Write a report summarizing the contents of the update
- Go to the daily med website (http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.). Search on Lasix
- What are the RxNorm normal forms for Lasix? How many RxCUIs are there for Lasix?
- Use your search engine to locate information about the RxNorm Current Prescribable Content (CPC).
- What is the CPC? What is its purpose? What does it include? What does it not include?
- You have the choice to write a two-page paper, double spaced, or create a multimedia presentation to respond to the exercises