trisomies or monosomies)?
A. A and B
B. B only
C. C only
D. D only
E. A, B, C & D
2. Which karyotype(s) shows an individual with Turner’s syndrome?
A. A only
B. C only
C. B and C
D. D only
E. A and D
3. Fertilization normally takes place in which structure?
A. the vagina
B. the uterus
C. an oviduct
D. the endometrium
E. an epididymis
4. The organ of sexual stimulation and pleasure in the female reproductive system is the:
5. Sperm MATURE in which structure?
B. vas deferens
D. prostate gland
6. In the human female, a blastocyst implants into the:
7. Which extraembryonic membrane contains a fluid that surrounds and bathes the embryo?
A. yolk sac
D. umbilical cord
8. Immediately after fertilization, the zygote begins to
A. expand as it fills with water
C. travel through the oviduct back towards the ovary
D. divide by cleavage
E. become a polar body
9. During the formation of an embryo, a solid ball of cells is termed a
10. Fetal development begins with the
A. first month
B. first week
C. third month
D. sixth month
E. seventh month
11. The organ that receives the penis during sexual intercourse is the
- C. vagina
12. The sex chromosome composition of a person with Klinefelter syndrome is
13. Down syndrome involves trisomy of chromosome
14. The body cells of a normal human male contain _____ chromosomes.
15. If a parent cell has 46 chromosomes prior to mitosis, how many chromosomes will
the daughter cells have?
D. any number between 8 and 32
16. In which stage of mitosis are the chromosomes lined up on the cell’s equator?
17. In which of the following structures would one be able to observe cells undergoing
18. The building blocks of a nucleic acid like DNA are called
A. amino acids
D. fatty acids
19. Which of the following is composed of glucose subunits?
20. Which of these structures contains the chro