Licensing and Professional Organizations
In Week 5, the Final Project will synthesize what you have discovered about the different advanced practice roles and scope of practice found in the master of nursing curriculum: NP, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator. You will review all roles and then examine the specialty for which you were admitted, focusing on the scope of practice, core competencies, certification requirements, and legal aspects of practice for that specific role. This week you will focus on Licensing and Professional Organizations.
Based on the specialty area and role that you selected in W1 Assignment 4, in a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding the title page, references, and appendices) create a scenario or case study to illustrate the type of organization you would expect to work in as this type of nursing professional. Include in the scenario or case study:
- List the type of organization.
- List the type of and how many clients it serves.
- Identify the professional fit for advanced nursing role.
- Implement your new nursing role in the organization.
- Identify a board of nursing in your state (specifically the Nurse Practice Act), which would support your role in this type of organization.