There are several roles in a health care organization. Often, interdisciplinary teams are created to brainstorm or make important decisions. The key is to develop a team that will interact with one another effectively and being diverse views to the forefront.
We have discussed several types of departments/roles in health care organization, (e.g., inpatient, outpatient, clinical, non-clinical, etc.) For your Module 4 assignment you are to create an interdisciplinary team of 5 or 6 six individuals that will discuss and development an action plan for the restructuring of HMC. In 5 or 6 additional slides, you are to explain to the board the following:
- Explain the importance of interdisciplinary teams
- Identify 5 or 6 individuals (titles of roles) and corresponding departments (i.e. Title: Inpatient Admission Director; Department: Inpatient) that you recommend to be a part of an interdisciplinary team to assist with the restructuring of HMC.
- Justify why these select individuals will be beneficial part of the team.
To conclude your PPT to the board of directors, you are to develop a new Vision and Mission of HMC. Your Vision and Mission should support or be interrelated with the selected 5 (five) of the pillars of success from Module 3.
At this point (with the continuation of slides from Module 1, 2, and 3 assignments), your total presentation should be at least 20-25 slides (not including the title and reference slide). Speaker notes are required.
Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your responses.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 25 slides (not including the title or reference slides).
- Support your assignment with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 1-2 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.