Penny for your thoughts Let us know what you have learnt.
Use your own words. This is a personal reflection on your thoughts at looking at how prejudice/discrimination can be strongly linked to prejudice/discrimination in SAWI. You can choose to write it as a letter to your tutor.
Thinking points to help you get started: 1. Select two out of four pandemics in
Term 2 for your final reflection.
2. Look for the connections between prejudice/discrimination on the spread of diseases.
3. Think about why the fight against
diseases cannot be purely medical. Discuss why psychology and sociology are important as well.
4. How does this change the way you
look at diseases or public healthcare trends in the world.
5. How does this awareness help you
become a better citizen of the world and a better healthcare worker.
6. Use personal experiences, recent global
events, and/or local happenings in your discussion.
7. Optional: Provide Constructive feedback on how this class was taught (not more than 20% of your essay)
Although word count is not a requirement, a well-constructed argument is usually around 1000 words or more. USE YOUR OWN WORDS, but do note Point 6. You should not reference another student’s work. The Cover Letter for Assignment 1 should be the attached to the first page of your assignment that you will submit through SafeAssignment. You MUST FILL in your Tutorial Group, Name and Student ID. e-Submission of Assignment 3 (20%) due 12 August 2018, and no need for Hardcopy. All assignments received after 2359hrs on Sunday 12 August 2018 will be considered late and deducted 3 marks per day. Submission after Sunday 19 August 2018 will receive 0 marks. 0 marks will be awarded for non-submissions.
SAWI Assignment 3 School of Health Sciences
Content & Analysis (80 marks)
• Intelligent grasp of key issues.
• Reflection is thoughtful and demonstrates fresh insights.
• Able to make meaningful connections to important ideas discussed in SAWI, and to draw upon previous knowledge and/or connect response to larger issues.
• Response substantiated with relevant details and accurate facts.
• Sensitive and informed personal response.
• Shows active and close engagement with the task.
• Reveals personal feelings and experiences related to the task.
• Able to use humour, questioning and other techniques in the reflection to probe for deeper meaning
>64 A Distinguished (Excellent)
56 – 64
B Proficient (Very Good)
48 – 55
C Capable (Good)
40 – 48
D Developing (Average)
<40 F Beginning (Below
The stories of past courage… can offer hope, they can provide inspiration. But they cannot supply courage
itself.For this each man [or woman] must look into his [or her] own soul.
John F. Kennedy
Marking Matrix how grades are awarded in this assignment
Analytical ESSAY Clarity (20 marks)
• Ideas are clearly spelt out and easy to understand.
• Grammar need not be perfect but sentence structure must be coherent when read.
16-20 A Distinguished
(Excellent) 14-15 B Proficient
(Very Good) 12-13 C Capable
(Good) 10-11 D Developing
- 100mks/ 20%
- Use your own words. This is a personal reflection on your thoughts at looking at how prejudice/discrimination can be strongly linked to prejudice/discrimination in SAWI. You can choose to write it as a letter to your tutor.
- Thinking points to help you get started:
- SAWI Assignment 3
- April/October 2018
- Marking Matrix
- how grades are awarded in this assignment